Saturday, February 7, 2015

Inspired: Stuart Firestein {TED Talk}

Another inspiring TED talk for you today! I love that watching these talks gives me a fresh burst of energy...something that is always needed when Friday rolls around to help me finish strong for the week (although I'll readily admit, usually a latte contributes to that energy burst as well). And with our schedule finally back on track (no thanks to four snow days during the first few weeks of school), this inspiration is helping me power through my long list of Saturday homework and helping me prepare for a full week ahead!

Stuart Firestein is a neuroscientist, and I love his take on how we should appreciate the unknown in science (and in everyday life). Ignorance usually has a negative connotation, but Firestein argues that when we pursue "high-quality ignorance," we give it value. 


Hope this leaves you inspired too! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment