Monday, July 7, 2014

Currently Coveting {July}

One of the best places to find book recommendations (in my opinion) is from Oprah Magazine. I love how much effort they put into their book recommendations, and am constantly adding new titles to my to-read list when I peruse the website or flip through the magazine. If you're looking for a really good run-down on the best books to read this summer, pick up the July issue-- it's full of great reads. I've picked out just a few from O's list, each of which happen to be on just about every other summer reading list out there. Bring on the beach reads!

{on Goodreads}

Lay it on my Heart by Angela Pneuman // Charmaine is 13 years old when her prophet-father is committed to an asylum, leaving her and her mother to live in a trailer on a riverbank in Kentucky. I've read that the characters are unique and incredibly well-crafted, and that this is a coming-of-age tale that you don't want to miss. (P.S. This is Pneuman's debut novel...impressive for how much acclaim it's already received!)



{on Goodreads}

The Quick by Lauren Owen // Hot off the press (published on June 17th), this novel was already named one of The Top 10 Literary Fiction Books of the Season by Publishers Weekly (a great list in-and-of itself). It's a supernatural Gothic thriller (perfect for rainy summer days) set in Victorian London and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.



{on Goodreads}

One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak // You may recognize this author from another medium-- Novak is one of the actors/writers/directors of The Office. He can now add beloved author to his list of accomplishments, as this book of short stories has been making literary critics laugh out loud since it's debut. Definitely on my want-list!
What's on your summer reading list? Leave a recommendation below!

No comments:

Post a Comment