Friday, July 3, 2015

Currently Coveting {July}

Summer is in full swing, and I have a long list of books for you today! I think summer is the perfect time to stack your "to be read" pile with both light beach reads and more suspenseful ones. A few summers ago, one of my favorite beach reads turned out to be Gone Girl, despite the fact that it is decidedly dark in nature. This month I've picked out of a few perfect thrillers, a few of my (favorite) historical fiction reads, and a new pick for younger readers. I'm looking forward to reading all of these soon!
Here's a peek at what I'm currently coveting:


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz // I stumbled upon this book in the Eric Carle gift shop and fell in love with the cover design. It's the story of a fierce friendship between two young boys and has incredible ratings on Goodreads. It's recommended for ages 12 and up, so if you have a middle school-aged reader at home this might be a good one to read together!


The Misbegotten by Katherine Webb // You know by now that I love historical fiction. This one includes mystery, romance, and lots of deep, dark secrets. 


Orient: A Novel by Christopher Bollen // Published relatively recently, this novel features a mystery on a small Long Island town. What drew me in was the promise of culture clash between locals and visitors and that small-town proclivity for harboring big secrets.


What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman // I love those dual-perspective stories that blend contemporary and historical lives and this one looks particularly captivating. 


The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne // Last but certainly not least, this thriller is high on my list but already making me nervous to read it. I really haven't explored whether or not I can handle true thrillers (I'm that person that wants to watch a scary movie but then regrets it afterwards and stays up half the night with wide eyes and the covers pulled up to my nose), so I'm going to give this one a try.  Click on the title link to read the description, which has to do with a family moving to an isolated spot after a tragic accident -- perfect elements for the horror that follows. 

What's on your reading list for this month?

Happy Reading!
-Madeleine-

No comments:

Post a Comment