Friday, January 22, 2016

Series Spotlight: Charles Lenox Mysteries

TGIF!

A quick update on what's been happening behind the scenes (aka in real life). I started my second (and last) semester of graduate school, have moved full time into student teaching at an awesome elementary school under the best possible mentor a preservice teacher could ask for, and I've been so busy that my brain has essentially stopped functioning. So, apologies once again as the blog has taken a back seat. I do hope to keep it going throughout this semester, but the frequency of posts will be determined solely on my ability to work through other priorities first. That being said, I do promise a new review next week!

I've been getting into bed super early these days and I thought that I'd mention one of the series that I keep returning to when I head out for my weekly library run. 


The series centers on Charles Lenox, a victorian gentleman and amateur detective. Despite his hobby being inappropriate to his social class, he's an excellent detective and a favorite among those at Scotland Yard when a case turns out to be exceptionally puzzling. I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, and this series is a play on that same type of cozy intellectual mystery with lots of musing by firesides and just a little action thrown into the mix. 


I read the first in the series last year (after putting it on a Currently Coveting list) and then picked up the second one over the summer. I just finished the fourth last night and will definitely be looking for the next in the series when I head to the library this weekend. I'd recommend this for fans of Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. You can find all the books in the series here on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment