Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Books to Read in 2015

There are many people who only buy a new book when they've read all that they have, but I am not one of those people. I can't deny it, I love the look of full bookshelves and I love having a selection of unread books that I can choose from at home when I'm in need of a new read.

Of course, when I buy a book I have every intention of reading it. But I'll admit that sometimes months (and even years) go by before I remember to pull it off my shelf. I'm trying to read more of the books on my own shelves this year, so I perused them for a bit and came up with a list of ones to read in 2016. 

Below you'll find the books I'm determined to get to this year:


Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer // Despite my love for fairytales, I was reluctant to buy into this series because of the science fiction elements. However, I've seen so many readers fall in love with the story so I picked up a copy at a booksale and have been eyeing it on my shelf ever since. (Plus, the covers for the entire series are the most gorgeous things ever.)


The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo // I'm starting this book today. Since I'm approaching another transitional season of life, I think it's a great idea to declutter before I start the next chapter, and I'm hoping this book will provide some guidance as it's done for so many others.


Persuasion by Jane Austen // After my failed foray into Emma over the summer, I am looking to dive back in to another Austen novel. This time, I think I'll go with Persuasion, based on recommendations from many Austenites. 


The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray // Another series that I'm looking forward to diving into this year! I've heard that the villain is one that can't be forgotten.


Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke // This is a rather large book but also one that's constantly raved about by those who have read it so I picked it up at a booksale and am looking forward to reading it this year.

***

What are you looking forward to reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment