Monday, June 1, 2015

Currently Coveting {June}

Summer reading season is finally here!
I love seeing how much more people invest in their bookshelves during the summer months. I wish that I could say that this is going to be the summer for me to laze around and finish all of the books on my list, but I doubt that will be my reality. My schedule is positively packed this summer, which is leaving me more determined than ever to keep reading as part of my everyday routine. I've been piling up the books for my own summer reading list, and though most of them come from my own shelves, I found a few new ones that I wanted to share with you this month! I have a sneaking suspicion that all of these will be making their way onto my library list. 


Deadweather and Sunrise (The Chronicles of Egg #1) by Geoff Rodkey // Why not start off with a book from my favorite niche of children's lit? I love fantastical middle-grade novels, and this one promises to be full of adventure, magic, mystery, and fearless friendships. 


The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holberg // Obsession alert! Remember when I read the first in this series and absolutely couldn't get over it? I loved the second one just as much, and I pre-ordered this third installment last year. I am beyond excited that it's coming out tomorrow (!!!!), just in time for my weekend trip to see my bestie-- I have a feeling it will make the perfect travel read!


Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman // A brand-new middle grade book (publication is set for tomorrow), and the plot reminds me of my favorite series. I love when a puzzle is involved-- I think twisted plots and crazy-smart characters make for great discussions with middle grade readers!


Pirate Hunters: Treasure, Obsession, and the Search for a Legendary Pirate Ship by Robert Kurson //  For non-fiction and adventure-lovers alike! This is the story of two men willing to risk everything in their search for the lost ship of the pirate Joseph Bannister. I love treasure-hunting movies so this was an obvious pick for me. I can hardly wait until its publication on the 16th!

Check back next week for part one of my summer reading list, and share your picks for June below!

Happy Reading!
-Madeleine-

No comments:

Post a Comment