Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekend Reading

Happy weekend, friends! I'm off on a quick road trip home for the long weekend (Yay for Massachusetts-only holidays!) and have a couple books waiting patiently for me to pick up from the library on the way home. My book rut is officially over, as I'm back to my pace of about one book a week and have had a string of great reads lately! With final exams coming up and a crazy start to the summer following graduation, I'm hoping my reading pace stays on track. I've been stealing moments to read some great stories lately and can't wait to share them with you all! 

In the meantime, here are a few links I've found while browsing the web this week. Let's just say, Pinterest is the perfect place to find lists upon lists of "you must read these" or "best books for spring/summer/vacation/breakups/etc." If you're on Pinterest too, you can follow me here!


One // While you're lounging around this weekend, take a peek at this Buzzfeed article on 22 Things that Belong in Every Bookworm's Dream Home. That bathtub? Swoon

Two // I've been browsing lists of "the greatest books of all time" lately, trying to decide if I want to challenge myself to begin checking off items from one of those lists. As a self-professed bookworm, I know there are more universal favorites that I want to have read by now. I came across this BBC Book List Challenge and decided to see how many I could check off. Apparently, this list doesn't actually come from the BBC, but I think it's a good compilation of some of the best books out there, both modern and classic. I got 24/100, and I have at least 15 others sitting on my shelves, still waiting to be read. Take the quiz and tell me your score!

Three // Speaking of the BBC, here is their list of The Best Loved Novels of All Time. I scored a 26/100 on this one and was glad to see some of my favorite childhood books make the list!

Four // Nine Fairy Tales for Adults That Are Way Better Than Disney...not that I agree with this title (there are few things that are better than Disney, in my opinion), but I loved reading this list. I read The Night Circus in 2012 and gave it five stars on Goodreads. Here's what I had to say about it:

 "This book was as enchanting as the title promised. Morgenstern's writes beautiful prose, full of rich details that truly transport the reader into the scenes. The book also comes with twists and turns, as well as a kind of magic that will appeal to adults, perhaps more than one would expect."


It's at times very confusing, and thinking back on it I'm sure I could read it again with just as much surprise as the first time. If you loved fairy tales as a kid, check out this list! I'll be adding a few of them to my own library stack.



Five // Story Tropes Bingo for (Almost) Every Genre. This is perfect for your next book club meeting or a rainy night in with your literary-minded besties. I am partial to the Literary Fiction Bingo (pictured above), but there's also boards for Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, etc. They're hilarious, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment