Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bibliomania


There is no doubt in my mind that I am addicted to reading. Given the opportunity, I would take up reading as a profession and spend my career happy as can be. Whenever I have to fill out a questionnaire that asks to list my hobbies, reading is always the first thing that comes to mind, but I always hesitate to write it down because describing my love of reading as a "hobby" almost doesn't do it justice-- it's an ingrained part of my identity. I stumbled across this article while skimming some magazines on a plane earlier this year, and when it popped up in my inbox in the Oprah's Book Club newsletter, I took it as a sign that I should share it here. For me, reading the article, titled "What It Means to be Addicted to Reading," is like looking in a mirror. I am guilty of packing at least one book just about every place I go and can be found reading at every opportunity, even if it's just standing in the hallway before my next class . If you're a reader, take a peek at the article-- maybe you'll find a reflection of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment