Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Currently Coveting {March}

Spring is on its way! I write this fresh off our February break, during which I caught up with friends, read a whole bunch of books, and got to do something very exciting that I'll be sharing with you soon! Until then, here are just some of the books that have caught my eye recently! March is going to be a very busy month for Top Shelf Text, but I'm hoping to get to these reads sometime this spring!


The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck // I just finished reading A Bridge Across the Ocean and it reminded me how much I enjoy WWII-era fiction. This one brings together three widows in the ruins of a Bavarian castle. After reading the whole description I knew that I had to get my hands on this novel this year. Unfortunately, it won't be out until March 28th. Luckily, I'm already on the wait list for library holds!

(Psst! If you place a book on hold before it comes out, you're likely to be high on the list and one of the first readers to borrow it! Library secrets from yours truly.)


Dead Letters: A Novel by Caite Dolan-Leach // All it took for me to add this new novel to my TBR (to-be-read) list were the words "mystery and literary scavenger hunts." I'm in! This just came out on February 21st so should be easy to find at your local bookstore. 


Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah // I've heard such great things about this one. I'm hoping to listen to it in audiobook form -- I've been trying to find more audiobooks lately and listeners have been loving this in both paper and audio form!


A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles // This was a recent pick for my book club, but one that I didn't get to in time (we have multiple books each month) but since so many members loved it, I can't wait to pick it up. 

***

What are you looking forward to reading this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment