Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Currently Coveting {November}

Can you believe that November is here? Two great things about this month: my birthday and Thanksgiving, two of my favorite days of the year! This month is already slated to be super busy (both personally and school-wise) and I am ready to head into the holiday season at full speed. On the goal list this week? Get my holiday shopping list together, for goodness sakes!

I'm currently reading book two in the Game of Thrones series, and while I love being immersed in the creation of George R.R. Martin, reading one of his books is quite a feat and takes more time than most. So, I'm curating a stack of reads to consider once I'm done, starting with the ones below:


The Brontë Plot by Katherine Reay // A story that combines classic literature, fellow bibliophiles, rare book collecting, and a protagonist who must come to terms with a new direction in life. I'm already on the holds list at the library for this one in anticipation of its release this week!


The Clasp by Sloane Crosley // Crosley's collection of short essays is one of my all-time favorite comedic books, so I'm an automatic audience for her first novel. It's a contemporary premise -- not usually my wheelhouse -- but I can't wait to see how her fiction comes to life and this promises to be full of adventure.


Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins // A dystopian novel set in the near future featuring a budding romance and a strange cult that's blossomed from the devastating drought in southern California. These types of stories can be hit or miss with me, but I'm looking forward to giving this one a try.


Jackaby by William Ritter // A more typical pick from me, this combines a Sherlock-type protagonist (my favorite kind) with mystery, suspense, and supernatural beings. 


Black Ships by Jo Graham // I love reading historical fiction that takes place in the time of ancient Greece, and this book promises that and brings it into the fantasy realm. It appeals to my love of the spooky and mysterious nature of the famed oracle.

***

What are you looking forward to reading this month?

Happy Reading!
-Madeleine-


No comments:

Post a Comment