Friday, October 23, 2015

Instagram Updates & Weekend Reading

Happy weekend to you! I've been busy as a bee over here with both my graduate courses and my practicum in teaching fourth grade, both of which are going wonderfully so far! I have to say, you know how sometimes you get the feeling that you're in exactly the right place? That's how I feel about my experience with teaching this year. I have yet to dread a day of teaching, which for me is a sign that I'm on the right path. I'm already looking forward to transitioning to a full time schedule in the spring, but for now I'm working on that careful balance of school, blogging, teaching, and real life. This weekend marks my first without travel plans or company since the summer, so I'll be focusing on employing some of my best strategies for living well and taking lots of time to linger in bed with a good book! I thought I'd leave you with some updates from my Instagram and a few bookish links from around the web!


My children's literature course has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g so far. We've read a spectacular selection of children's books. Surprisingly enough, I haven't read most of the books on our syllabus (our reading list is 36 books long!) and I've been really enjoying both the reading and our discussions so far. You can mark this down as possibly my favorite course of all time (although...my History of Magic course would come in as a close second). 


We have had the loveliest fall weather so far this year. I swear, the red trees are more brilliant this year than ever before, and every time I go to Trader Joe's (which is embarrassingly often), I can't resist these cute little pumpkins.


Have you heard about the new illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone? I pre-ordered it back in August and it was finally released last week. The coffee table-sized book contains the text of the entire first book, plus 100 gorgeous illustrations by Jim Kay. It's a wonderful tribute to a world that I practically grew up in and something that I'll be poring over for years to come. A great gift idea for any Harry Potter fan in your life!

And finally, here are just a few bookish links from around the web!








Happy Reading!
-Madeleine-

No comments:

Post a Comment