Monday, March 23, 2015

Literature Link Roundup

 Happy Monday! I spent the past week at home for my spring break, and it was one of those weeks during which absolutely nothing got done. I lazed around for pretty much the whole week, and while it was nice to feel like I had no obligations, I'm feeling ready to get back to a routine!

While I was home, I stumbled upon some fun links on Pinterest. Mostly, I find that Pinterest is a great place to find inspiration for interior decorating, but last week I found some fun links that will appeal to a range of my fellow book-lovers, so I thought I'd share them here!


This buzzfeed list is one for fans of Serial, and since I'm a big-time fan, I'll be adding a few to my reading list. I like that these books appeal to mystery and non-fiction-lovers alike.


I have more than a few of these on my shelves already (most of them still unread) but I like the idea of working my way through this list. They're listed in reverse chronological order, and first up is Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch, which you can read my review of here.


I am loving some of these ideas! I have been looking into DIY headboard ideas for my next apartment, and though the book one doesn't look feasible for me next year, I love how these ideas bring personal touches into a space that really speak to a love of (and reverence for) books. 


I'm telling you, these personal libraries are the stuff of dreams. I am especially smitten with this one, the Biltmore House, which is the largest privately owned home in the country. It has such an old world feel with the candles, ornate architectural touches, and richly textured furnishings. And can we talk about that spiral staircase? I would gladly pay a premium for a few hours to peruse those shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment