Friday, February 10, 2017

The One Book You Need to Read in 2017



I was going to attempt to review This Is How It Always Is for you, but I honestly don't think I can do it justice.

I read this for the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club February pick, so I have Anne Bogel to thank for (figuratively) putting it into my hands. Her advice was to just pick it up -- don't read the cover, don't read any reviews. No expectations. Just read it.

I am not typically a contemporary novel reader. Nor do I seek out novels about family relationships, or the trials of parenting, or what it means to love someone unconditionally. But I devoured this and it firmly rooted itself in my Best Books I've Ever Read list.

This is one of those you-just-have-to-trust-me recommendations.

***

Read it? Feel like discussing? Email me at topshelftext@gmail.com or chat with me on Instagram @topshelftext.

No comments:

Post a Comment