Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What Should I Read Next?


Hi friends!

Yesterday was a big day around here! I was featured as a guest on Anne Bogel's podcast, What Should I Read Next?, which just happens to be my favorite podcast and one that I listen to every single week without fail. It was a dream and a joy to share my favorite (and not-so-favorite) books with Anne, who has been my book guru since the first day that I discovered her blog

You can read more about my love for this podcast here.


You can listen to the episode right on your computer here.

If you have an iphone, you can download the episode right on the podcast app on your phone. Just look for episode 72: Embarrassing Bookworm Confessions (and yes, that title was a result of me making embarrassing confessions about my worst bookish habit). 

If you don't yet follow along on Instagram, you can find me @topshelftext and Anne @annebogel and @whatshouldireadnext.

If you have a recommendation for me, you can leave it in the comments of the podcast episode or in the comments section here!

Happy listening!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Madeleine, I'm also a big fan of Anne's podcast and I enjoyed listening to your episode yesterday. Have you read Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly? The audio book is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!

      Thanks for listening! I actually haven't read The Lilac Girls yet. Funny story though, my library keeps a donation shelf where you can leave a few dollars and take a book home (kind of like an ongoing mini-book sale) and I found a brand-new copy that I desperately wanted to take home with me! I didn't have any cash on me and when I went back to grab it someone else had already gotten it! It's on my to-buy list but now I'll have to go look for the audio book! Thanks for your recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Excellent podcast! I listened today and now I'm over at your blog after first following you on Instagram. We have similar tastes, so I will depend on you and Anne Bogel to keep me in books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn,

      Thanks for visiting! I love finding fellow bookworms with similar tastes! I'm always here if you need a recommendation!

      Delete
  3. Just discovered you through the MMD podcast. Really enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to exploring your blog and IG account. I might run into you on the MMD book club too. It makes me feel really old to say this but I feel glad to hear about younger people like you who are readers and thinkers and who are working hard to bring up another generation of readers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, that is so sweet! Thank you! I love our MMD book club -- especially the most recent chat about A Piece of the World!

      Delete
  4. I'm listening to your episode right now. I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for listening Kate! It was such a fun experience!

      Delete