Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Currently Coveting {September}

September is a month for really good reading. Though it's a month of transitions (a new school year, a change in wardrobe, the setting of new routines), I always feel like September is the start of a reading season full of potential. I tend to set aside books for September and October because I want the weather outside to fit the mood of the book. And while I can't claim that there's a crisp breeze outside (what with 90+ temperatures this week), I am anxiously awaiting that first hint of fall so that I can dive into darker and spookier reads. I'm also nearing the end of my towering pile of ARCs coming out this season, so I'm back to being able to dictate my own list and read books on a whim rather than have deadlines for publishers -- I love getting sneak peeks at new releases but I'm rather excited for the books I have waiting on my shelves!


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas // This is one that I've seen all over Instagram lately. The latest book in this series just came out (the fourth installment) and there's been an explosion of people talking about it, so I'm finally feeling like maybe I should check out what all the fuss is about. I'll start with Throne of Glass, which is the first in the series. This series is high fantasy, so I'm expecting it to be pretty intense and darker than my typical picks.


The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Herrick // This is one that I just spotted this morning and it's definitely going on my to-read list for this fall. A seaside New England town, a touch of magic, and an old mystery. It just came out on the first of the month so it might be easy to spot in your local bookstore!


Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prunes // This is a new version of Cinderella and it looks really good. I'm a sucker for retellings and I'm completely intrigued by the premise of this one. It's young adult (I'm trying to read more of those) and it's out mid-September, so keep an eye out!


Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling // Not exactly a "fall" book, but I loved Mindy's first book of short essays and I'm definitely going to put this on my wish list when it comes out on September 15th. She has such a good sense of humor and while I disliked her character on The Office, The Mindy Project is one of my favorite TV shows. 

What are you looking forward to reading this month?

P.S. Don't forget to check out two more new releases this month: this enthralling first installment of a new historical fiction trilogy, and this first installment in a new historical fiction mystery series.

No comments:

Post a Comment