Friday, May 1, 2015

Inspired: Ideal Bookshelf

The first thing I thought to myself when I stumbled upon the Ideal Bookshelf site was Ohhh, no.
Because you guys, I am in serious trouble. The prints on this website are a dream come true-- they will definitely be at the top of my wishlist for the holiday season this year.

The artist, Jane Mount, creates custom prints of her patron's "ideal bookshelf."
Excited yet? Me too!

 I thought this sounded familiar, but I didn't put two and two together until I realized that she is the illustrator behind My Ideal Bookshelf, a collection of interviews in which one hundred cultural figures were asked to compile their "ideal bookshelves," which Mount then painted!


This book is on my must-have list for my future coffee table book collection. I love getting a peek into other people's bookshelves!

Back to why I am gushing over this site-- I am dying to get my hands on one of these prints. There are a lot of pre-made ones on the site (I've featured a few of my favorites below), and of course you can order your own custom print too! This is a seriously thoughtful gift for the bookworm in your life, especially if you could manage to pick their ideal bookshelf without them knowing! And....and (!!!) you can then have the print screened onto a tote bag! Can you tell I am slightly obsessed with this idea? (You know I love literary-themed tote bags.)

Here are a few of the pre-made prints that I love:

Children's Ideal Bookshelf

Jane Austen Ideal Bookshelf

Harry Potter Ideal Bookshelf

Girl Stars Ideal Bookshelf

***

So cute, right?! I would have such a hard time choosing which books to put on my shelf, but obviously Harry Potter would be first on the list. I'd pick a mix of adult and children's literature, because so many of my longtime literary loves are from childhood!
Which books belong on your ideal bookshelf?





No comments:

Post a Comment