Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Day Booklist for Kids

Can I just preface this by saying: I love Valentine's Day and I'm not ashamed of it. I love that we get an extra-special day each year to celebrate the ones that we love, and I think that the essence of Valentine's Day isn't confined to just significant others; it applies to all family members, to best friends, and especially to the little ones in our lives. My mother still makes sure to send me a little box of love each year for Valentine's Day, and I know I'll be celebrating this holiday with my own children in the future. Valentine's Day give us something to celebrate during one of the hardest months of the year; around here, at least, it feels as though winter is never-ever-ever going to end, and I certainly appreciate a little boost of something bright and cheery. I'm also a year-long super fan of all things pink and floral, so I happen to love it when shelves are stocked with everything in my favorite color. (Plus, there's the chocolate, and you can't go wrong with that.)

So, in the spirit of celebrating love and extra kindness, I've put together a booklist of fifteen fun reads to share with your favorite littles. Most of these can also be found at your local public library, so if you're not into the idea of curating a holiday-themed collection of books, they are easy to borrow just for the weekend!

Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts by Victoria Kann
Cranberry Valentine by Wende & Harry Devlin
Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
Splat the Cat: Funny Valentine by Rob Scotton
Olive, My Love by Vivian Walsh
Mia: The Sweetest Valentine by Robin Farley
The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
Clifford's Valentine's Day by Norman Bridwell
Franklin's Valentines by Paulette Bourgeois
Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day is Cool by Kimberly and James Dean
Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda A. Ferber
The Berenstain Bears' Funny Valentine by Stan & Jan Berenstain
Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart by Jane O'Connor
Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine by Herman Parish
Show the littles in your life that everyday is a day to celebrate love, and then treat them to some extra TLC time featuring a stack of love-themed reads & a (small) pile of their favorite treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment